Content Marketing Specialist
The GovDocs’ marketing team is looking for an enthusiastic Content Marketing Specialist to join our growing team. In this role, you will be charged with expanding our content marketing efforts with the goal of driving traffic, engagement and leads that result in sales and customer retention.
This role is ideal for an expert in the B2B Marketing space who loves to write. The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for the creation, production and amplification of B2B marketing content including website, collateral (ebooks, whitepapers, tip sheets, infographics, guides, etc.), webinars, email, blogs and social networks. This role provides the opportunity to work with a tight-knit team and play an integral role in advancing GovDocs’ brand identity in a competitive and evolving market. The Content Marketing Specialist will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
You may be a great fit for the team if the following statements resonate:
- When you write, you can’t help yourself from sneaking a little sense of humor into the copy to get a chuckle out of the intended audience.
- You’re fairly certain you have this unique ability to empathetically float into the minds of your customer one moment, and then back to yourself the next moment with a clearer idea of how to communicate to a tribe of customers.
- Although you’re creative, you are comfortable staring at a spreadsheet and analyzing new trending data, because you also geek-out over metrics.
- Your incredibly curious as to what drives customer behavior.
- You see this role combined with your ability to interrupt complex industry information, as the glue that bonds the company to a customer’s greater understanding of the industry (and you quietly think to yourself, “I’m kind of a rock star.”).
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, increase engagement and drive lead generation to support client acquisition and retention.
- Help drive the look-and-feel, user experience, content and messaging for the website in conjunction with the rest of the marketing team.
- Own messaging and positioning and collaborate with VP to define and drive content creation goals, strategy and tactics.
- Research trends, news and social media content for strategic use in content development.
- Maintain a thorough editorial calendar for daily blog posts, white papers, slide shares and social content, mapping content against GovDocs verticals and buyer personas.
- Increase inbound web traffic by producing the kind of content that ranks and converts.
- Develop a standout Social Media strategy that propels engagement with GovDocs amongst our core marketing buyers.
- Track and illustrate growth in traffic, engagement, conversions, leads and product revenue. Collaborate with internal and external resources (graphic designers, etc.) to generate new content and identify creative ways to repurpose, reformat and revise existing content into various output channels.
- Partner with cross-functional resources to ensure consistency and help them shape their messages.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing communications, public relations or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience developing content and marketing assets in the B2B space.
- You are an amazing writer, with a great portfolio showcasing a wide range of content from blog posts, to web content, eBooks, infographics, articles, etc.
- Ability to understand analytics (including Google) and report on content and social performance, conversion ratio’s and other KPIs.
- Experience creating SEO driven content for digital use and growing social audience engagement.
- You have high creativity coupled with strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a rapidly-growing, evolving start-up environment.
- Excellent project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Proven proficiency with WordPress or similar CMS, HTML and CSS.
- Experience with HubSpot/marketing automation and Google Analytics is a plus.
At GovDocs Culture is Important, we look for the following in our Team members:
- Humble; self-aware and self-critical but not arrogant. You share credit and responsibility for a job well done.
- Effective; You strive for solutions to maximize the experience for your customers.
- Adaptable; constantly curious about the best way to solve customer problems.
- Remarkable; smart, creative, & resourceful. Your peers consistently remark about how good you are at what you do.
- Transparent; open and honest with yourself, your peers, and your manager when working to achieve your goals.
Send resume and cover letter to:
355 Randolph Ave, Suite 200
Saint Paul, MN 55102
POSTING COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
WHO WE HELP
- Fortune 1000 Design and Construction Firms
- Fortune 1000 Financial & Insurance Clients
- Fortune 1000 Health & Medical Services Clients
- Fortune 1000 Hospitality and Restaurant Clients
- Fortune 1000 Manufacturing Clients
- Fortune 1000 Professional Services Clients
- Fortune 1000 Retailer Clients
- Fortune 1000 Utilities and Energy Companies