GovDocs is seeking an Employment Law attorney with 2-3 years of experience of counseling corporate client(s) either in-house or at a law firm.
GovDocs is a fast-growing Employment Law Management company with annual revenue increases of 22% since 2008. Our growth has been fueled by exceptional compliance and customer service resulting in a 98% customer retention rate. In 2017, we introduced our proprietary Employment Law Management (ELM) platform, which further supports our customers’ abilities to build and execute compliance programs.
Our two primary areas of products/services are:
- Employment Law Posting Update Programs: Used by 30% of the Fortune 50, 20% of the Fortune 500 and the second largest payroll provider in the U.S. to completely outsource their labor law posting compliance programs. We manage the entire process from tracking legislation/regulatory activity, identifying new or revised postings and delivering the most current information to be displayed. All the while, our clients have complete visibility of each location’s status via an online dashboard. In addition, PosterCheck℠ (patent pending) provides greater visibility of when a poster is displayed. GovDocs also runs a highly successful webstore that serves the SMB market.
- Employment Law Data Service: Beginning with GovDocs Minimum Wage, this first-to-market service helps large employers manage and track minimum wage rates for all their locations. Additional employment law products, like Paid Sick Leave, will be added in 2020 and beyond.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all legislative and regulatory information provided to GovDocs customers — via labor law postings or data service (e.g. Minimum Wage) — is properly represented in a timely, accurate and complete fashion. It is a member of the Product Content and Compliance team that reports to the Director, Employment Law and Product Counsel.
When a client tells us they rely on GovDocs for critical decision-making information, you will be part of the team that ensures that happens.
Product Content & Compliance:
A key value we deliver to clients is tracking employment law legislation and regulatory changes and then providing that information based upon the impacted location and employees.
- Works with the Legislative Analyst to monitor both pending and passed legislation to understand the impact on compliance programs of companies and GovDocs products.
- Responsible for performing the legal analysis to ensure GovDocs products and services are compliant with the law. Provides compliance decisions to Product team that will execute all changes to GovDocs offerings.
- Participation in weekly meetings to determine how new information (postings, data, etc.) will be represented within our products.
- Responsible for determining, based upon passed legislation, if changes are necessary to GovDocs content management processes for monitoring, collection, recording and quality assurance. Work with the Product Content and Compliance, and possibly Software Engineering, to design and implement changes.
- Work with the Director to provide final approval of all content provided to customers via postings and data.
Support of Prospective and Existing Customers
This role will heavily interface with our Account Management and Sales teams to answer questions from existing and prospective customers. There is also a continuous connection with our Product, Design, Production & Fulfillment and Software Engineering teams to discuss, alongside our Legislative Analyst, the impact of changes on our product set.
- This role will regularly interact with customers; therefore, they must maintain strong relationship with Client Service and Sales to ensure to understand and adopt the proper sense of customer urgency in order to prioritize work.
- Responsible for analyzing and responding to prospect or customer questions on both postings and data service that are related to GovDocs’ products.
- Responsible for understanding the legislation and regulation behind each of the GovDocs products and being able to explain our position to any customers.
- Responsible for evaluating what customer locations will be subject to a given jurisdiction
- May require analyzing individual customer information to determine appropriate assignment to jurisdiction
- Will lead the development of responses to customers and participate on calls with customers as needed. Will utilize internal tools to publish answers, so they can be leveraged for future discussions.
- To ensure we only represent our product set, this role will help educate internal teams on topics/questions that lie outside of the scope of GovDocs products and provide customers feedback on how to obtain information.
This full-time position is in our St. Paul, MN office.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
- 2-3 years of Employment Law experience, working either in-house or at a firm, with a primary focus on counseling corporate or municipal entities. Multi-jurisdictional experience with employment laws preferred.
- J.D. required
- Admitted to any state Bar in good standing is minimum requirement.
GOVDOCS EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
GovDocs works to balance our employee’s experience in four key areas:
- Strong, Supportive Culture: We strive to amaze customers and each other by embracing individual skills, being transparent about our strategy and goals, and actively supporting our culture.
- Work-Life Balance: We work when we are in the office and enjoy life outside — we will require urgency when needed, but we rarely ask for night or weekend work. We all love our summer hours to enjoy the beautiful, warm Minnesota season.
- Competitive Compensation: We keep a close watch on the market to ensure our salaries are competitive and every full-time employee has bonus opportunities on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Stability and Growth: As a privately held firm, we think in terms of 10 years or more. We are never racing to “meet a quarterly target,” but instead focus on how to methodically win in the long-term by investing in people, training and technology.
If you are interested in helping us to continually change the employment law management industry, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.