Posting Date: 2/6/2019
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Labor Law Posting Update Programs: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the necessary labor law postings from the 1,500-plus potential postings available across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck℠. Our labor law posting update programs are used by nearly 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 50. We also provide this service to the U.S.’s second-largest payroll and HR provider.
- Employment Law Data Service: This is a first-to-market service starting with GovDocs Minimum Wage, which allows companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (federal, state, county and city) were too challenging to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 22% since 2008 with a 98% customer retention rate, primarily due to our labor law posting update programs – both retaining and obtaining customers from our competitors – as labor law posters are required by law, and every company has an existing provider.
Our data services are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Management (ELM) platform. Within the first year of launch, we have several of the largest U.S. retailers and restaurants as customers.
GovDocs works to balance our employee’s experience in four key areas:
- Strong, Supportive Culture: We strive to amaze customers and each other by embracing individual skills, being transparent about our strategy and goals, and actively supporting our culture.
- Work-Life Balance: We work when we are in the office and enjoy life outside – we will require urgency when needed, but we rarely ask for night or weekend work. We all love our summer hours to enjoy the beautiful, warm Minnesota season.
- Competitive Compensation: We keep a close watch on the market to ensure our salaries are competitive and every full-time employee has bonus opportunities on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Stability and Growth: As a privately held firm, we think in terms of 10 years or more. We are never racing to “meet a quarterly target,” but instead focus on how to methodically win in the long-term by investing in people, training and technology.
The Content Associate will work on both GovDocs Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave applications to ensure all legislative and regulatory information provided to customers is timely, accurate and complete. A key value to our clients is the tracking of changes in legislation that may impact their own employees and the depth of information provided, to allow clients to perform research on how to best apply the law.
This role will have the responsibility to independently create and manage content to support our data services, as well as to collaboratively work with the Product Management and Software Engineering teams on technical projects.
The role will report to the Director, Product Compliance and will be in a full-time role within our St. Paul, MN office.
- Consults with Legislative Analyst to acquire information required to support the creation and maintenance of content related to minimum wage and paid sick leave laws.
- Utilizes proprietary software to enter text, verify or edit labor and employment data in accordance with the policies and processes for each content type.
- Consistently applies departmental best practices and can make appropriate decisions with minimal guidance to consistently meet deadlines.
- Derives logical and accurate conclusions based on source information analysis to support content maintenance.
- Maintains the quality of assigned content or data products, with emphasis on accuracy, consistency in following editorial policies, and timely addition of new information.
- Submits work for collaborative peer review and responds appropriately to comments and feedback. Identifies and corrects omissions or errors in the content.
- Anticipates, identifies and seeks solutions for issues and/or inefficiencies.
- Coordinates and reports metrics using internal tools and data collection.
- Collaborates in the design of processor system enhancements as well as new development, design, and testing.
- Maintains documentation for historical reference and evidence of editorial decisions.
- Adheres to a strict timeline for processing data and information while working independently under pressure of a daily deadline.
- Adapts to frequent changes in workload and adjusts priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Support the Director by providing information to respond to customer requests or inquiries.
DESIRE TO LEARN EMPLOYMENT LAW COMPLIANCE
As GovDocs is solely focused on employment law compliance, the Content Associate must have an interest in and willingness to continually invest in their personal understanding of the complexities and challenges of employment law compliance for customers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of the legislative or regulatory process
- Experience in Employment and Labor law is preferred, but not required to apply
- Microsoft Office Applications; NetSuite experience a plus
- Highly organized; detail oriented to manage large sets of data from multiple sources
- Ability to quickly identify critical trends as well as data abnormalities
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and reprioritize work
- Equally adept at working in a team environment as well as independently
If you are interested in helping us to continually change an industry, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.