Posting Date: 2/7/2019
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Labor Law Posting Update Programs: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the necessary labor law postings from the 1,500-plus potential postings available across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck℠. Our labor law posting update programs are used by nearly 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 50. We also provide this service to the U.S.’s second largest payroll and HR provider.
- Employment Law Data Service: This is a first-to-market service starting with GovDocs Minimum Wage, which allows companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (federal, state, county and city) were too challenging to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 22% since 2008 with a 98% customer retention rate, primarily due to our labor law posting update programs – both retaining and obtaining customers from our competitors – as labor law posters are required by law, and every company has an existing provider.
Our data services are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Management (ELM) platform. Within the first year of launch, we have several of the largest U.S. retailers and restaurants as customers.
GovDocs works to balance our employee’s experience in four key areas:
- Strong, Supportive Culture: We strive to amaze customers and each other by embracing individual skills, being transparent about our strategy and goals, and actively supporting our culture.
- Work-Life Balance: We work when we are in the office and enjoy life outside – we will require urgency when needed, but we rarely ask for night or weekend work. We all love our summer hours to enjoy the beautiful, warm Minnesota season.
- Competitive Compensation: We keep a close watch on the market to ensure our salaries are competitive and every full-time employee has bonus opportunities on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Stability and Growth: As a privately held firm, we think in terms of 10 years or more. We are never racing to “meet a quarterly target,” but instead focus on how to methodically win in the long-term by investing in people, training and technology.
The Production & Fulfillment team is responsible for the management, execution and delivery of all GovDocs physical products, including labor law posters, HR products and custom products.
GovDocs is currently recruiting for a Director of Production & Fulfillment for our St Paul, MN, location. This individual will direct and oversee operations at GovDocs’ warehouse facility and report to the VP of Operations and Finance. More specifically, this role will be responsible for ensuring all work processed by the Production & Fulfillment team is done accurately, efficiently, timely and at the right cost/quality.
To ensure this occurs, the Director of Production & Fulfillment will establish/update performance objectives, continuously analyze operations and lead the implementation of identified operational process improvement opportunities to improve efficiency within the department. Additionally, this individual will work cross-functionally to support company objectives, while providing visibility to associated upstream and downstream impacts.
This position requires an individual who has an eye for the big picture but appreciates the detail, loves cross-functional projects, embraces data analysis, is driven to provide recommendations for continuous improvements based their analysis, is comfortable with coaching and development, and is ready to take advantage of some ping-pong and/or yoga over lunch!
WHAT YOU’LL BE EXPECTED TO DO
- Embrace the full role of leadership and continually developing the applicable skills
- Understand and actively demonstrate the GovDocs culture
- Partner with the full leadership team to strategically plan for future growth
- First, as a business person who understands the market and contributes toward business strategy
- Second, as discipline expert to see what is ahead to help us see 3-5 years ahead to avoid limitations on scale
- Third, as owner of execution to identify the resources of team, partners, space and technology for each business objectives.
- Build and continually nurture strong relationships with peers and key individuals who interact with the Production & Fulfillment team. Understand and utilize the best communication methods with internal stakeholders to resolve escalated service issues, new product impact or team management.
- Provide strong leadership by motivating and coaching the team to ensure it’s capable and prepared to support increased complexity and organizational growth/scalability
- Direct, coordinate, and assign work activities to all employees under supervision; and monitor, review and evaluate work product, methods and procedures of those employees
- Direct and support all aspects of warehouse operations, such as demand planning, capacity planning, procurement, kitting, shipping and receiving, inventory control and facility maintenance
- Measure and refine processes, including establishing, evaluating and communicating KPIs; driving metrics to lead to improvements in quality, productivity, on-time delivery and cost reduction – then monitor the performance.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the department, identify and prioritize proposed improvements, align with the leadership team on the changes and assist in the measurement of the business impact and effectiveness
- Identify cost savings opportunities to maintain/improve margins to sustain profitability
- Own and manage financial performance by understanding all inputs of expected work and costs to build a budget (department/COGS) and continually update as variances are identified and evaluated. Partner with VP of Operations and Finance to modify budget based on variance analysis
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of all production costs, leveraging them to support pricing and profitability exercises with Finance, Sales, Client Services and Marketing
- Build strong partnerships with current and prospective vendors to achieve strategic goals
DESIRE TO LEARN EMPLOYMENT LAW COMPLIANCE
As GovDocs is solely focused on employment law management, the Director of Production & Fulfillment must have an interest in and willingness to continually invest in intimate understanding of the complexities and challenges of employment law management for customers.
This learning is also critical to perform the role, so the Director of Production & Fulfillment can evaluate the impact of possible legislative and regulatory impact on our products, as well as his/her team.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE FOR BACKGROUND:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform with a high-level of accuracy
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources, leveraging Excel tools like conditional formatting, pivot tables and V-lookup, to provide results, feedback and recommendations for improvement to impacted parties
- Ability to confidently and politely interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot independently
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects
- Ability to plan, organize and multitask to complete projects in an efficient manner
- Ability to communicate professionally, both orally and written
- Able to work independently and/or with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Significant breadth of knowledge across all functional areas, including demand planning, capacity planning, procurement, kitting, shipping and receiving, inventory control and facility maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, liberal arts, logistics or related field
- OSHA certification
- 5-10 years of progressive leadership experience
- A background in distribution, print and/or manufacturing highly encouraged
- Working knowledge of an ERP system, preferably NetSuite
- Extensive experience with WMS, preferably ProShip
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Must be capable of sitting, standing or walking for extended periods of time
- Fast-paced environment, with fluctuating temperature and noise levels
To apply, send email and cover letter to email@example.com