Posting Date: Sept. 14, 2023
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a hybrid work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work 2021:
GovDocs has been named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal! Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for this year’s award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace. Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work 2021 here: https://bizj.us/1qbeau
Ready to join a fast-growing, proven SaaS company and be a main contributor to its next level of growth? If so, here’s what it takes.
Your passion is gaining a deep understanding of a target persona’s job, challenges and decision making. You excel at turning that knowledge into creative storytelling that helps prospects understand the value a product or service brings to their work life. You enjoy deep collaboration with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing on the strategies and tactics of positioning and messaging a product in a market. Your curiosity enables deep dives into understanding a market including its competitive landscape as well as what impacts a prospect’s buying decisions.
And, most importantly you’re ready to join an employee-focused Top Workplace that takes the term “team culture” to a whole new level in our beautiful newly built hybrid-focused workspace.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, and sales to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Be a student of product marketing methodologies and strategies and proliferate that knowledge throughout the organization.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing strategies based on what you learn.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Implement processes for GovDocs by which we monitor competitive movement.
- Develop an annual marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Be the company’s storyteller by developing creative and compelling narratives for clients and prospects that show what their life will be like after implementing our SaaS platform.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Understand and maintain target customer personas and be the voice of those personas across marketing, sales, and product management.
- Be a student of the HR technology market and stay on top of new ways our products and services can have impact in the market.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a marketing or product management team
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Strong curiosity in uncovering new strategies and methodologies for marketing SaaS products
- Experience working in marketing or product management for a SaaS-related product.
- Proficient in productivity and CRM applications such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Hubspot and Pardot
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is—or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong writer with experience in brand storytelling
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Team player!
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,700+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 22% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 18% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire Compensation This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: [email protected]