Posting Date: 2/14/2018
WHO IS GOVDOCS?
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Labor Law Posting Update Programs: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the necessary labor law postings from the 1,500-plus potential postings available across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck℠. Our labor law posting update programs are used by nearly 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 50. We also provide this service to the U.S.’s second-largest payroll and HR provider.
- Employment Law Data Service: This is a first-to-market service starting with GovDocs Minimum Wage, which allows companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (federal, state, county and city) were too challenging to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 22% since 2008 with a 98% customer retention rate, primarily due to our labor law posting update programs – both retaining and obtaining customers from our competitors – as labor law posters are required by law, and every company has an existing provider.
Our data services are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Management (ELM) platform. Within the first year of launch, we have several of the largest U.S. retailers and restaurants as customers.
EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE AT GOVDOCS
GovDocs works to balance our employee’s experience in four key areas:
- Strong, Supportive Culture: We strive to amaze customers and each other by embracing individual skills, being transparent about our strategy and goals, and actively supporting our culture.
- Work-Life Balance: We work when we are in the office and enjoy life outside – we will require urgency when needed, but we rarely ask for night or weekend work. We all love our summer hours to enjoy the beautiful, warm Minnesota season.
- Competitive Compensation: We keep a close watch on the market to ensure our salaries are competitive and every full-time employee has bonus opportunities on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Stability and Growth: As a privately held firm, we think in terms of 10 years or more. We are never racing to “meet a quarterly target,” but instead focus on how to methodically win in the long-term by investing in people, training and technology.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are a small, product-focused, software engineering team working on new products in the area of employment law management and we are focused on doing it the right way. That means unit testing, CI/CD, scrum, developing applications with leading-edge technologies running on AWS and it also means rigorous Quality Assurance with a reliance on both traditional QA and Test Automation. That’s where we need you. We are seeking somebody who can work with our product team and engineers to implement, develop, maintain and mature our QA practice, help in the development of automated tests and assist in analyzing stories and requirements to create test plans.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor all business and functional requirements for all tests and document all test cases and assist to resolve all issues.
- Implement all test cases and evaluate all results. Prepare test data and design all functional tests in required framework and monitor all development cycles and implement scripts on same.
- Work with engineering to administer and maintain all automation scripts and review all product changes and coordinate with developers to provide efficient feedback and partner with manual test team to implement all manual test cases.
- Monitor all automation processes and prepare status reports for all progress and document all automation processes and deign an efficient automation framework for all web products.
- Coordinate with product development engineers to design all test plans and analyze all functional and non-functional requirements.
- Administer performance of all regression tests on functional processes and develop all required test plans for various automated processes and coordinate with QA and engineering team to document all required test plans.
- Analyze and identify presence of any bug in system and escalate issues if required and assist all engineers to validate and resolve all bug issues.
- Prepare schedule for all test activities and document all bug issues for database and implement all test scripts for various projects.
- Evaluate all programs and prepare required flowcharts and diagrams as per user request and guidelines and manage operational features for all automation processes and review all test cases and project cycle.
We are a small company and our product engineering group is still forming. Now is a great time to get in close to the ground floor and really do some interesting and meaningful work with a group of good people who are excited about building great software. If you have energy, enthusiasm, and a strong set of QA skills, we would love to hear from you! Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.