This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
GovDocs, Inc. is seeking a Business Systems Manager in our Technology Solutions department. We are a small company that specializes in employment law compliance software, posters, and services. We have a friendly, positive, work environment with a focus on work/life balance and a welcoming and supportive corporate culture.
We are seeking a business and systems technology generalist with a strong desire to learn. The candidate should have strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to solve business problems using the technology of today to support business growth.
Our current business systems infrastructure relies heavily on Oracle NetSuite for CRM, ERP, e-commerce and other business systems functions, but we are actively engaged in a corporate effort to replace our internal business systems. The successful candidate for this role should be interested in engaging in and assisting with leading this initiative and well-versed in a variety of enterprise business systems and concepts.
Potential future solutions include Salesforce and other CRM and ERP systems, Shopify or other eCommerce platforms and knowledge of data warehousing, data lakes, analytics and reporting tools. Knowledge in these areas would be considered valuable as the individual in this position will be responsible for working with partners and internal employees on the implementation of new platforms and technologies while continuing to oversee the administration of the current solutions.
The Business Systems Manager role has many responsibilities, including:
- Managing the Technology Solutions team
- Overseeing the administration of the business systems
- Implementation of technology systems that support business processing for finance, sales, marketing, customer service, and production fulfillment.
- Building and maintaining a positive relationship between the Technology Solutions team and other business areas to ensure timely support of day-to-day business processing needs.
- Managing vendors related to the business systems.
- Helping in defining and supporting the business processes related to business systems.
- Documentation of technical requirements, coordination of all aspects of the business lifecycle, and implementation of change control procedures
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet stated customer-initiated deadlines.
- Balancing the workload between in-house and outsourced resources
- A bachelor’s degree in business, information systems or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in information systems
- High aptitude for understanding and learning new software packages, and the ability to understand end business processes
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: