This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the direct oversight of functions necessary to market and communicate products and services to GovDocs customers. This role will oversee a growing team that executes against the following areas: brand strategy, thought leadership, product marketing, event management, lead generation, internal stakeholder communications, SEO, competitive analytics, brand design and e-commerce.
This position will lead initiatives to create opportunities for collaboration and continuous improvement in pursuit of our continued growth trajectory and operational excellence. The Director of Marketing reports directly to the Vice President of Growth and is in a position to impact significant change to a small but fast evolving and growing company.
- Evolve the company brand with the intent of increasing its competitive differentiation and awareness in target markets.
- Obtain market share by developing marketing plans and programs for each product/program service, directing promotional support.
- Own and execute call to action growth strategies; develop a strategic approach to marketing which capitalizes on our brand and image.
- Translate your strategic marketing plan into actionable quarterly targets and initiatives.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develop marketing department operational requirements.
- Provide leadership, direction, training, and guidance to a high performing and growing Marketing team of 4 staff including: Content Marketing Specialist, Product Marketing Manager, Sr. Marketing Specialist and E-commerce Manager.
- Recruit and hire as the Marketing team continues to grow.
- Establish and manage Department and individual contributor KPI’s based on overall company objectives.
- Build and maintain interdependent relationships with functional areas outside of Marketing department and engage in cross-functional collaboration.
- Keep the company, including executive team, up to date with market trends.
- Analyze and understand market trends and articulate proposed messaging strategies that resonate with target customers/prospects to position the company for additional growth in sign-up and adoption of products and services.
- Own the company story.
- Teach the company culture.
- Create and manage a promotional calendar visible to the team and entire company.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities by leveraging team members’ insights and experiences to create messaging that resonates with customers and prospects.
- Continually monitor results achieved in relation to planned goals and undertake necessary corrective action to achieve the desired results.
- Design and implement new workflow procedures for meeting goals.
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- Monitor and report to senior leadership on the performance of various marketing channels and campaigns.
- 8+ years leading marketing teams of 5 or more staff at growth companies.
- Experience marketing software-as-a-service, business services or technology.
- Experience bringing new products/services to market.
- Marketed to businesses, preferably Fortune 1000 or large enterprises.
- Demonstrated team coaching and aligning, rather than bossing.
- Ability to assess staff skillset strengths, career potential, career development desires/goals and coaching improvement areas.
- Possess empathy for customers’ pain points and staff’s ambitions.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems.
- You write clean, concise well-polished copy now and again just to prove to the team you still have the touch.
- People who worked for or around you, want to work with you again.
- Solid understanding of marketing automation, ecommerce, and sales enablement platforms.
- Naturally operate cross-functionally and engage both peers and executive audiences in dialogue so everyone can do their best work.
- Problem solver: understand the big picture and can easily recognize challenges before they occur. Seek out relevant information and decide the appropriate next steps to get the desired results.
- Motivated by results of the customer and company, not job title and hierarchy.
- Good sense of humor, self‐aware and self‐critical, but not arrogant.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
Employee Experience at GovDocs
GovDocs works to balance our employee’s experience in four key areas:
- Strong, Supportive Culture: We strive to amaze customers and each other by embracing individual skills, being transparent about our strategy and goals, and actively supporting our culture.
- Work-Life Balance: We work hard when the part of the day requires it and enjoy life when it is time to step away – we will require urgency when needed, but we rarely ask for night or weekend work. We all love our summer hours to enjoy the beautiful, warm (but short) Minnesota season.
- Competitive Compensation: We keep a close watch on the market to ensure our salaries are competitive for all positions.
- Stability and Growth: As a privately held firm, we think in terms of 10 years or more. We are never racing to “meet a quarterly target,” but instead focus on how to methodically win in the long-term by investing in people, training, and technology.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: