This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for financial reporting, financial planning & analysis, financial model design and maintenance, project participation and recommending and implementing process improvements, and internal relationship management.
The Senior Financial Analyst will develop long-term relationships with leadership and project stakeholders, developing an understanding of the business requirements and goals, and creating KPIs to monitor performance.
- Build, review, maintain, and analyze accurate financial models to assist the business and executive management with making key decisions. Work cross functionally to develop forecasting tools to support model inputs.
- Facilitate a rolling, multi-year budget planning process. Establish and communicate a standard calendar, communicate roles and responsibilities, develop a financial performance review cadence to align leadership and define critical go-forward tasks. Work cross functionally to standardizes processes.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements, analyze results against budget, forecast, prior periods, and present findings to leadership. Review department expenses with department leadership to understand spending and eliminate unnecessary expenditures.
- Forecast revenues of newly developed products brought to market by collaborating with Product Development, Sales, Account Management and Customer Advisory Board members.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to define KPIs for executive leadership to support decision making.
- Lead the development of pricing strategies and processes for GovDocs’ products and services (new and legacy) ensuring desired profit and growth levels by collaborating with Product Management, Sales, Account Management and other departments who have customer and market insight.
- Analyze and track sales pipeline and the relationship to the revenue forecast.
- Drive efficiencies in data collection and improve upon data analysis tools.
- Foster cross-functional relationships and assist in ad-hoc analyses of complex business issues.
- Provide stakeholders with information vital to the decision‐making process.
- Drive better financial insight and analysis into our key operational areas while driving greater financial controls and leadership for the organization.
- Provide support to departments needing finance expertise and guidance for problem solving and scale/growth.
- A minimum of five (5) years of corporate finance or financial planning and analysis experience including financial analysis, forecasting, business performance modeling including ROIC, break-even analysis, and reporting (i.e. cash flow, profit and loss, and ad hoc); experience working in a software organization or financial services company.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to operationalize concepts/ideas, anticipate risks and issues, and prioritize and manage action plans to deliver successful outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills.
- You have a good sense of humor, are self‐aware and self‐critical, but not arrogant.
- You are motivated by results of the company, not job title and hierarchy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to:
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.