AS OF Thursday, Aug. 31
E-Verify Posting Update: Background and Details
The federal E-Verify posting, issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) agency, updated Aug. 17.
It’s required for all who use E-Verify, including federal contractors, employers in specific jurisdictions (listed below) and employers who voluntarily participate in the program.
- Revised content for message clarity
- Redesigned layout
- English- and Spanish-language versions combined on one posting
Posting Effective Date
Following the Aug. 17 announcement, it’s recommended to display the new posting as soon as possible.
Due to federal restrictions, GovDocs can’t sell the E-Verify posting as a standalone product. It’s free with the purchase of our federal Right to Work poster.
GovDocs Update Program clients (standard and federal contractor) will receive an updated Right to Work poster, which includes the new E-Verify posting, at no extra charge.
Employers (including GovDocs clients without the Update Program) required to display the E-Verify posting don’t need to purchase it from GovDocs. Copies are available through the USCIS E-Verify website.
Affected GovDocs clients and corresponding next steps are as follows:
- Clients with the Federal Contractor Kit and GovDocs Update Program will automatically receive the updated federal Right to Work with E-Verify poster, which will be shipped by the end of September.
- For clients with federal contractor products without the Update Program, the federal Right to Work with E-Verify poster is available for purchase.
Employers in Jurisdictions that Require E-Verify:
- GovDocs Update Program clients with locations in the following jurisdictions that require E-Verify will automatically receive the updated federal Right to Work with E-Verify poster, which will be shipped by the end of September.
- Required E-Verify jurisdictions: Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Utah; Fremont, Neb.
- For employers who voluntarily participate in E-Verify for locations outside of the above-mentioned jurisdictions, the federal Right to Work with E-Verify poster is available for purchase.
A Note for Electronic Update Program Clients:
- Electronic Download Center: E-Verify posting files will be available via the regularly scheduled last day of the month (Aug. 31) for a two-week period.
- Intranet Poster Program: The updated files are available as of Aug. 31.
For More Information
Details on the posting update are available in the August Grid (dated Aug. 31) and upcoming Grid Review webinar Sept. 13.
Additional questions? Contact your GovDocs Customer Success Manager or Customer Service at email@example.com or 1-888-273-3274.