This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
Flexible Work Model:
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work 2021:
GovDocs was named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for this year’s award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work 2021 here: https://bizj.us/1qbeau
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting, the Accountant is responsible for processing cash transactions, customer receipts, vendor payments, credit card administration, expense reporting, month end close, data management, and provides analytical support as needed.
The Accountant will develop long-term cross-functional relationships with the Sr Accountant, Account Managers, Client Services, Production & Vendor Management and Business Systems to process daily tasks as well as resolve and research issues. This position requires a strong understanding of GAAP accounting, ERP systems and has database analytical skills including query creation and reporting.
- Receive customer payments via check, ACH, or credit card and applies balances to accounts. Resolve customer payment issues.
- Process vendor bills, pays by ACH or check within net terms, maintains vendor accounts for online payments. Supports vendor requests for information.
- Reconcile ERP (SAGE) cash accounts with the bank, researches and resolves discrepancies. Maintain documentation of ERP bank accounts in ERP.
- Process Billing Daily in ERP (SAGE).
- Process required invoice support by producing and delivering detailed CSV files to clients.
- Process required client transactions in 3rd party software (ie Ariba, Coupa).
- Work with Account Managers to correct customer orders.
- Provide ERP (SAGE) support for both customer and internal staff inquiries.
- Create and manage vendor records as needed, works with vendors to receive documentation.
- Pay all benefit bills on time, maintains database of employee insurance charges, create spreadsheets to book charges per employee and department.
- Maintains employee corporate cards, monitors purchases and balances, administers request for reports monthly, codes charges to correct GL accounts and departments.
- Calculate and pay distributor royalties quarterly. Works with Sr Accountant to review and gain approval for payments from business owner.
- Calculates and books use tax monthly based on material purchases using Avalara software.
- Receive 401k contribution information from HR and upload into Fidelity, books journal entry.
- Manage prepaid expenses. Calculate and book monthly amortization using excel support files.
- Serves as back-up Payroll Administrator and Sr Accountant.
- Monitors sales tax nexus, registers to remit sales tax to new states, books sales tax.
- Organizes and maintains documentation internally (The Doc, Asana, the G Drive).
- Maintains company credit card accounts, creates monthly expense reports, onboards new employees.
- A minimum of two years (1-2) years of accounting experience including cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month end close & and exposure to financial reports (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and financial analysis. Experience working in a software organization or financial services company a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Exposure to GAAP accounting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- You have a good sense of humor, are self‐aware and self‐critical, but not arrogant.
- You are motivated by results of the company, not job title and hierarchy.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,700+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 22% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 18% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: