This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work:
GovDocs was named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as the media company received more than 300 nominations for the award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work 2021 here: https://bizj.us/1qbeau
GovDocs is currently going through transformational changes across the company. This includes the replacement of internal business systems to keep up with the company’s rapid growth. The Business Analyst will work as part of the Business Systems team and be the business liaison, working with all departments to find optimal solutions to business problems, build out the requirements and processes and support technical changes that will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of all areas of how the business runs to meet the growth demand.
The Business Analyst is responsible for collaborating with business and technical stakeholders across the company to perform analysis, define business processes and requirements, conduct research and report findings, identify potential solutions, and make recommendations on the best way to solve business problems. This role will have lots of opportunity to work with all areas of the business.
- Collaborate and partner with internal business and technical teams across the company to analyze business goals, objectives, and needs
- Learn new third-party systems and their available features to be able to make recommendations for current and future process improvements
- Plan and design business processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform research and analysis in support of business operations
- Create and gather requirements to support transformational efforts across the company
- Use systems and data to identify patterns and analyze business issues
- Ensure seamless cross-functional communications through the use of standard workflow tools like LucidChart, Jira, email and other communication tools.
- Estimate costs and benefits of multiple actions and/or solutions and provide recommendations
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- May perform additional projects upon request
- 5+ years of relevant BA experience in a growth-oriented company
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skill
- Experience with business process workflow creation
- Proficient with gathering and documenting requirements
- Analytical and Creative Mind
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships (soft skills)
- Is curious and a focused listener
- Good written (documentation) and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments
- And lastly… a good sense of humor (it helps everyone manage through the change and refactoring of a growth-oriented company).
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,700+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 22% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 18% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to:
Department: Finance and Operations