Posting Date: Dec. 22, 2021
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a hybrid work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work 2021:
GovDocs has been named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for this year’s award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work 2021.
The Business Development Manager will represent GovDocs in the labor law compliance marketplace with primary responsibility for expanding the company’s already successful customer acquisition and revenue growth. This position requires consultative selling skills, problem solving ability, and an ability to translate the capabilities of a comprehensive compliance program into specific benefits for a given Fortune 1000 company.
- Prospect and cultivate leads sourced by a Business Development Specialist.
- Qualify and manage customer relationships through an established sales process.
- Navigate through complex organizations.
- Perform professional presentations to VPs, Directors and manager level positions at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Conduct a thorough needs analysis and present the product as a solution.
- Manage proposal and contract creation and negotiations.
- Function as the voice of the market and provide internal feedback on how GovDocs can better serve our customers.
- Ultimately, the Business Development Manager’s success will be measured by:
- Number of quality sales presentations and pipeline opportunities
- New customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Positive customer feedback during evaluation/sales process
- 5+ years of sales experience selling to Fortune 1000 companies.
- Experience developing and conducting sales presentations to VP/Director level decision makers.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-departmentally including Account Management, Product Development and Marketing.
- Proven ability to effectively manage all aspects of the sales cycle from prospecting to close.
- Team skills that attract others to work with you.
- Good sense of humor.
- Experience using CRM tools.
- Peers at previous workplaces will remark at how good you are at your job.
- Passion for continuous learning.
- Internal drive to win and be the best.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: