This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a hybrid work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work:
GovDocs was named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for the award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work here: https://bizj.us/1qbeau
The Compliance Paralegal will work on the GovDocs data service platform – which currently includes the Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave applications – and support GovDocs postings program to ensure all legislative and regulatory information we provide to customers is timely, accurate and complete.
When a client tells us they rely on GovDocs for critical decision-making information, this role is one of the key players who makes that happen.
A key value we deliver to clients is tracking legislative changes that may impact employees. In addition, the in-depth information we provide helps them determine how to best apply the law. This role will independently conduct legal research, analyze, edit, and manage legal data to support our labor law compliance platform, along with other projects as assigned.
The Compliance Paralegal’s scope includes working with the broader Compliance Team, Product Management and Software Engineering teams to expand our proprietary platform to create efficiency, documentation, and accuracy within the team. The role will also be to support the Client Services team with customer inquiries.
This full-time position will work within an experienced team and reports to the Senior Counsel and Director, Employment Law & Compliance, in Eagan, MN with the opportunity to work remotely.
- Conducts legislative analysis to ensure minimum wage and paid sick leave legal data products accurately reflect current laws.
- Conducts legal research utilizing proprietary software to enter legal text, verify or edit labor and employment data in accordance with the legislation or regulatory information obtained from jurisdictions.
- Consistently collaborates on how to improve the department’s practices and decision-making to meet deadlines and enable better outcomes for clients – proactively anticipating and seeking solutions for issues and/or inefficiencies.
- Derives logical and accurate conclusions based on legal information analysis to ensure the legislation is properly reflected in our applications.
- Maintains quality of assigned content or data products with emphasis on accuracy, consistency in following editorial policies and the timely addition of new information.
- Ability to effectively use collaborative peer reviews to enhance our performance.
- Develops and reports metrics for tracking performance.
- Collaborates in process design and system enhancements, as well as new development, design and testing.
- Maintains documentation for historical reference and evidence of editorial decisions.
- Understands and independently manages timelines, often daily, for review and processing data and information.
- Adapts to frequent workload changes and adjusts priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Supports the Director, providing information to respond to customer requests or inquiries.
- Becomes an active supporter and participant within the GovDocs culture and builds relationships with the broader GovDocs team.
- Additional projects as assigned.
DESIRE TO LEARN EMPLOYMENT LAW COMPLIANCE
As GovDocs is solely focused on employment law compliance, the Compliance Paralegal must have an interest in and willingness to continually invest in his/her personal understanding of the complexities and challenges of employment law compliance for customers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal Certificate
- 1-3 years paralegal experience
- Legal research experience
- Working knowledge of legislative or regulatory process
- Experience in employment and labor law is preferred, but not required to apply
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Highly organized; detail-oriented to manage large sets of data from multiple sources
- Ability to quickly identify critical trends, as well as data inconsistencies
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and quickly reprioritize work
- Equally adept at working independently and in a team environment
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance program in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation, and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: