Posting Date: Feb. 11, 2020
We are looking for somebody to join our technology solutions team as a developer with a focus on integrations with Oracle NetSuite as well as other platforms. We are also expecting this person to help with database management, querying, reporting, and analytics. We want to find a highly motivated, user-focused individual with a willingness to solve user problems, work collaboratively in an agile environment, innovate, and quickly learn and effectively apply new technologies. The culture is casual, positive, and collaborative.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Familiarity with REST software architecture
- Familiarity with data analytics, querying, and reporting tools and technologies
- Familiarity with Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
It would also be great if you have experience with:
- Oracle NetSuite
- AWS (RDS, Lambda, EC2, S3, RedShift)
- JIRA, BitBucket, Git
- CircleCI or similar CI/CD tools
- Agile development methodologies
- TDD, pairing, code reviews
- MongoDB, Postgres
WHO IS GOVDOCS?
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Labor Law Posting Update Programs: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the necessary labor law postings from the 1,500-plus potential postings available across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck®. Our labor law posting update programs are used by nearly 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 50. We also provide this service to the U.S.’s second largest payroll and HR provider.
- Employment Law Data Service: This is a first-to-market service starting with GovDocs Minimum Wage, which allows companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (federal, state, county and city) were too challenging to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 22% since 2008 with a 98% customer retention rate, primarily due to our labor law posting update programs – both retaining and obtaining customers from our competitors – as labor law posters are required by law, and every company has an existing provider.
Our data services are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Management (ELM) platform. Within the first year of launch, we have several of the largest U.S. retailers and restaurants as customers.
EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE AT GOVDOCS
GovDocs works to balance our employee’s experience in four key areas:
- Strong, Supportive Culture: We strive to amaze customers and each other by embracing individual skills, being transparent about our strategy and goals, and actively supporting our culture.
- Work-Life Balance: We work when we are in the office and enjoy life outside – we will require urgency when needed, but we rarely ask for night or weekend work. We all love our summer hours to enjoy the beautiful, warm Minnesota season.
- Competitive Compensation: We keep a close watch on the market to ensure our salaries are competitive and every full-time employee has bonus opportunities on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Stability and Growth: As a privately held firm, we think in terms of 10 years or more. We are never racing to “meet a quarterly target,” but instead focus on how to methodically win in the long-term by investing in people, training and technology.
If any or all of that is in your wheelhouse, we would love to talk to you! Visit us at govdocs.com to learn more and then send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for consideration. Come help us build the future of GovDocs and have fun doing it!
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org