This position has been filled. For more openings at GovDocs, visit our Careers page.
Are you a scrum master who wants to help build something that matters? Are you user-focused, entrepreneurial, and interested in being more than a back-office IT function in some big corporation? Innovative, product-focused, small company seeks talented, user-focused, scrum master to help us build a new, modern, software product platform. Could it be you? Please read on.
WHO IS GOVDOCS?
GovDocs is a St. Paul-based company focused on delivering employment law management solutions for large employers, giving them the information that they need in order to conform to local minimum wage laws and other employment regulations. We are looking for somebody to join our agile software development team as a scrum master. We are already effectively executing agile development, this isn’t a transformation effort, we just want to keep getting better. We are looking for a highly motivated, user-focused individual with a willingness to help us build great software products using agile methods. The culture is casual, positive and collaborative.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of our self-organization.
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
PREFERRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (ANY OF THESE IS A PLUS)
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (AWS, NodeJS, Kotlin, React, JIRA).
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
If you are a user-focused scrum master with an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to help build something that matters, we encourage you to send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.