This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
Flexible Work Model:
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work 2021:
GovDocs was named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for this year’s award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work 2021 here: https://bizj.us/1qbeau
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting, the Sr Accountant is responsible for accounting systems administration (Sage Intacct, Versapay), cash forecasting, account reconciliations, sales tax review, fixed assets, and driving process improvements in invoicing and client support. In addition, the Sr Accountant will provide reporting and analytical support as needed.
The Sr Accountant will develop long-term cross-functional relationships with Account Managers, Client Services, Production & Vendor Management and Business Systems to process daily tasks as well as resolve and research issues. This position requires a strong understanding of GAAP accounting, ERP systems and has database analytical skills including query creation and reporting.
- Intacct Administration: Ensure accurate Item and customer set up. Work closely with business systems administration to define guidelines and process improvements.
- Versapay Administration: Ensure accurate recurring billing and credit card autopay set up and accurate distribution of past due reminder emails.
- CSV Process Support: Drive process improvements & improve reporting to support client requests for detailed invoice support.
- Client 3rd-Party Software: Drive process improvements, define roles and owners to manage client requests for processing transactions on third-party software (i.e., Ariba, Coupa). Own portal administration & set up, monitoring. Provide direction to accountant & client services.
- Billing support and oversight: Evaluate or escalate requests for non-standard work. Support Accountant as needed.
- AR Reporting: Publish and monitor open AR. Identify, communicate and work cross functionally to resolve issues.
- AR ADA Oversight: Calculate and book the allowance for doubtful accounts each month end.
- Sales Tax Reporting & Oversight: Review Avalara, provide direction. Expand internal preparation of sales tax returns.
- Sales Tax Reconciliation: Ensure sales tax liability is accurately reflected on the balance sheet.
- Cash Forecasting & Banking: Review cash reconciliation. Forecast cash flow weekly.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations Oversight: Track monthly progress & reconcile key accounts. Work with accountant and Director to ensure 100% coverage each month.
- Process Payroll Journal Entry & Accrual: Prepare journal entries to book payroll and payroll accruals. Participates in bi-weekly payroll review.
- Book Month End Bonus Accrual: Works with the Director of Finance and accounting to ensure accrual estimates are accurate.
- Annual Bonus Confirmation: Conduct year-end cross functional review of all bonus achievement and payout calculations.
- Fixed Asset and Capital Oversight: Book depreciation, monitor CIP aging.
- Intacct Dashboard & Reporting Support: Create useful tools/dashboards/reports to business users. Coordinate with Sr Analyst.
- Provides GL coding guidance incorporating consistency and accuracy.
- Serves as primary back up for the accountant including processing payroll, processing billing, processing AR and AP transactions.
- Participates in financial statement review meetings and coordinates quarterly balance sheet review meetings with finance staff.
- While still on Netsuite, is primary SME and performs monthly consolidations for 100+ customers, trains employees on processes and scripts, maintains documentation, works with vendor to update scripts, performs testing.
- Collects shipping data from multiple sources, standardizes data, consolidates for analysis.
- Oversees the organization strategy for documentation on The Doc, Asana, the G Drive.
- Reviews and seeks approval for quarterly distributor royalty payments.
- A minimum (3-4) years of accounting experience including cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month end close & and exposure to financial reports (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and financial analysis. Experience working in a software organization or financial services company a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Exposure to GAAP accounting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- You have a good sense of humor, are self‐aware and self‐critical, but not arrogant.
- You are motivated by results of the company, not job title and hierarchy.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,700+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 22% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 18% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: