This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
We are excited to add a brand-new position for a full-stack software engineer to our growing team. We’re seeking candidates who care about building quality systems from React frontends to cutting-edge, modern, event-driven cloud architecture.
At GovDocs, every employee has the opportunity to contribute directly to success of the business. GovDocs is a founder-owned, local business proud to provide an amazing work environment with great people who give back to the communities they live and work in. Join us in solving real problems for real people.
While most of our office is working remotely at this time, we are eager to transition back into our St. Paul office in the coming months. We believe in finding the right balance between reaping the benefits of in-person collaboration while allowing our team to remain flexible when life happens.
- Exhibit a broad knowledge of core software engineering concepts
- Always be growing as an engineer, both by learning our technology and bringing new ideas
- Contribute to technical design conversations and share your knowledge and experience to help the entire team grow and improve
- Learn, contribute to and exhibit best practices inside and out of coding tasks
- Communicate and collaborate with your fellow engineers, our product team and the wider business
- 2-3 years of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with serverless cloud software architecture concepts
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3) or equivalent GCP/Azure services
- Message queues and/or event busses
- Document databases (ideally MongoDB)
- Version control (git)
- CircleCI or similar CI/CD tools
- Agile development methodologies
- Test-driven development, pair programming, code reviews
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
Employee Experience at GovDocs
GovDocs works to balance our employee’s experience in four key areas:
- Strong, Supportive Culture: We strive to amaze customers and each other by embracing individual skills, being transparent about our strategy and goals, and actively supporting our culture.
- Work-Life Balance: We work when we are in the office and enjoy life outside – we will require urgency when needed, but we rarely ask for night or weekend work. We all love our summer hours to enjoy the beautiful, warm Minnesota season.
- Competitive Compensation: We keep a close watch on the market to ensure our salaries are competitive.
- Stability and Growth: As a privately held firm, we think in terms of 10 years or more. We are never racing to “meet a quarterly target,” but instead focus on how to methodically win in the long-term by investing in people, training and technology.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to:
Location: St. Paul, MN
Department: Engineering and Technology