This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
GovDocs is looking for a UX Designer to join our product team. In this role, you will partner with Product Management, Compliance, and Engineering to identify and solve complex customer problems. You will be responsible for designing solutions for product opportunities, developing user workflows and mockups, and validating ideas. Further, you will serve as the advocate of your designs, and will continuously improve on ideas through feedback from stakeholders, partners, and users.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Product and partner closely with Compliance, Engineering, Customer Success, and Product Marketing to gather feedback and ensure we are meeting customer needs. At GovDocs, we believe in learning through continuous improvement and you’ll be encouraged to gather and implement feedback early and often.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product, Compliance and Engineering to design user-friendly solutions that solve customer problems
- Create user workflows, mockups and prototypes
- Work closely with engineering through the final implementation of designs and solutions
- Lead design discovery discussions to guide product direction
- Hold customer feedback sessions identify pain points, gather feedback, and validate solutions
- Serve as the evangelist of your designs and approach with leadership, internal stakeholders, and users
- Ensure consistency of design and language across GovDocs product portfolio
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of experience in user experience design
- Experience collaborating directly with customers to share concepts, gather and incorporate feedback
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating engaging and user-friendly designs
- Technical fluency; comfortable working closely with the software engineering team to articulate your designs and requirements
- Must be a “team-player” with the ability to work within a highly collaborative environment
- Must be a creative and critical thinker that is able to confidently express ideas in an articulate, concise manner
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways.
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the necessary set of labor postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck®. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 50. We also provide this service to the U.S.’s second-largest payroll & HR provider.
- Employment Law Data Service: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product, which allows companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 22% since 2008 with 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Posting Update Service both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law posters are required by law, every company has an existing provider.
Our Data Services is an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Management (ELM) platform, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: email@example.com