As you may have heard, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) on Oct. 19, 2022, announced a federal labor law poster update.
While the law itself did not change, the EEOC updated and replaced its EEO is the Law poster with a Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal poster. Covered employers are required to display this poster at their locations.
The new EEOC Know Your Rights poster includes the following changes:
- Straightforward language and formatting
- Harassment is a prohibited form of discrimination
- Sex discrimination includes bias based on pregnancy and related conditions, sexual orientation or gender identity
- A new QR code directing people to a webpage on how to file charges
- Information about equal pay discrimination for federal contractor
Learn more on our blog, New EEOC Labor Law Poster.