The Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation (Board) released a revised version of the Georgia Workers’ Compensation notice, which is required for employers with three or more workers.
What Changed on the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Notice?
Rates updated, maximum treatment weeks set out, contact information updated.
- The maximum rate for weekly catastrophic payments was raised from $550 to $575 for workers unable to return to work after a workplace injury.
- The maximum rate for weekly non-catastrophic payments is now capped at $383, an increase from $367. The 350-limit on non-catastrophic benefit payments remains unchanged.
- For workplace fatalities, the maximum dependent weekly pay-out was raised to $575 from $550. For a surviving spouse (aka “widow” – see below for further discussion) with no children, the lifetime maximum payout amount was raised from $220,000 to $230,000.
- The notice now includes the latest phone number for the Board. You can reach them at (404) 656-0849.
- The Board also updated the revision date located at the bottom of the notice to 07/2016.
Georgia Workers’ Compensation Law Overview
The Georgia workers’ compensation law requires any business with three or more workers, including regular part-time workers, to have workers’ compensation insurance.
Workers’ compensation helps cover the expense of workplace injuries, with your company’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier paying for authorized medical treatment for on-the-job injuries. Depending on the severity of the workplace injury, an employee’s benefits in Georgia end 400 weeks from the date of an accident date, but catastrophic injuries may result in lifetime medical benefits.
Georgia Labor Law Poster Compliance
GovDocs clients with locations in Georgia covered by the GovDocs Update Program will automatically receive updated Georgia labor law posters with the latest version of the Georgia Workers’ Compensation notice.
Subscribers to GovDocs Labor Law News can take an additional 20% off all labor law posting purchases using coupon code BLOG20.