Date posted: Aug. 5, 2019
GovDocs is currently recruiting for an Account Director in our St. Paul, Minn., location to develop, build and grow client relationships and revenue with established key customers. This position requires someone who is passionate about understanding our customers and compliance. This role will provide an individual an opportunity to work closely with our customers developing strategies that enable them to meet their growing employment law compliance requirements.
What you’ll be expected to do:
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers resulting in a keen understanding of their current and future needs.
- Grow customer accounts with product offerings that enable ensured compliance.
- Translate customer feedback to GovDocs Business Leadership, Product Development and Operations to enhance customer experience and build to meet future requirements.
- Work with internal resources to ensure agreed upon customer requirements are met and provide input to ensure continuous improvement in GovDocs service delivery.
- Work closely with marketing, sales and product development teams to identify opportunities for customers.
- Provide the exceptional service GovDocs has become known for resulting in continued key partnerships.
- Manage, develop and grow a portfolio of existing multinational clients working in close partnership with a service support team.
- Maintain retention levels of 97% or more.
- Provide account growth revenue forecasts.
What will make you a hero at GovDocs in the first six months:
- You provided leadership with strategic, thought-out growth plans for each of your top accounts based on what you quickly learned about GovDocs’ solution offerings matched with customer/market needs.
- You offered and shared your experience and proven methodologies of navigating to decision makers and consultative/educational approach to teaching customers how we can help solve additional compliance issues with your colleagues on the Client Success team.
- You demonstrated your ability to grow five existing accounts revenue by more than 10%.
What you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5-plus years of account management experience in a professional services company, preferably managing major account renewal and cross-selling cycles to global Fortune 1000 organizations.
- Experience navigating to VP, Director and C-Level positions within organizations to build, maintain and evolve customer relationships in a courteous manner.
- The ability to tell great customer user stories and articulate a simple vision of where the company is going and how it aligns with future customer needs.
- Possess consultative presentation skills for enterprise-based programs and SaaS solutions.
- Experience using CRM tools.
- Noticeable customer empathy.
- A sense of humor.
- Strong in-person and web demo presentation development and experience to multiple stakeholders (decision-makers and influencers).
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-departmentally including Sales, Product, and Operations.
- The ability to work within a highly collaborative environment.
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and help others around you grow and succeed as teammates.
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways.
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the necessary set of labor postings from the 1,500-plus potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck℠. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 50. We also provide this service to the U.S.’s second-largest payroll and HR provider.
- Employment Law Data Service: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product, which allows companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 22% since 2008 with 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Posting Update Service both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law posters are required by law, every company has an existing provider.
Our Data Services is an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Management (ELM) platform, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: email@example.com.