This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a hybrid work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work 2021:
GovDocs has been named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for this year’s award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work 2021 here: https://bizj.us/1qbeau
GovDocs is seeking an experienced person who is passionate about customer experience and enjoys collaborating in a partnered sales environment. The Business Development Representative’s primary responsibility is to drive sales as they generate, qualify and nurture prospective major account clients and develop new sales opportunities for four sales territories. This will involve extensive lead prospecting research and outbound prospecting. The Business Development Representative position has direct interaction with Marketing, Customer Service and Product Management. Opportunity for advancement into a senior sales position exists within the role.
- Coordinate with marketing department to execute strategic, targeted prospect marketing campaigns using email, social media and phone calls
- Follow-up on in-bound leads and targeted marketing campaigns
- Conduct research on targeted prospects, profile prospects and update account information in the company’s customer relationship management (CRM) tool to ensure appropriate sales and marketing coverage
- Work closely with sales representatives to communicate and coordinate lead and opportunity pipeline development as well as the transition of sales opportunities at the appropriate time
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Business-to-business software or professional service sales experience
- Experience utilizing phone, email, marketing materials, social media, and marketing campaigns to locate decision makers and create new customer opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to assess sales opportunities and move prospects through a sequence of events to develop and progress a sales cycle
- Passion and drive to be the best and win
- Takes personal ownership of continuous learning and career growth
- Good sense of humor
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: