This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
Having recently made significant investments in an upgraded e-commerce platform technology, GovDocs is looking for an E-Commerce Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive strategy, projects and initiatives that will grow of our e-commerce division to new heights. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this person will be responsible for the online sales of our employment law compliance products and service subscriptions to the SMB market by applying their knowledge (and learning) of SEO, Content Marketing/Copywriting, Email Marketing, Marketing Automation, Affiliate Marketing, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), Social Media Marketing, Digital Advertising, and Tracking and Analytics. The ideal candidate is highly driven, analytical, nimble, solutions-oriented, and willing to get their hands dirty (in the data and tools) and work closely with cross-functional partners.
Success will require an ability to think strategically and act tactically, a competitive mindset, overt sense of urgency and a deep understanding and appreciation of the data that will drive every decision. Primary responsibilities will include managing all online activity in relation to traffic acquisition, sales, conversion, reporting, and managing our digital marketing efforts.
- Develop and manage the company’s e-commerce marketing strategy that results in year-over-year growth.
- Gain a deep understanding of our target audience and work to ensure that our webstore and product listings both attract attention and encourages customers to act.
- Drive webstore usage to achieve revenue goals and growth by leveraging industry best practices, technology trends, marketing ideas, and consumer behavior tendencies.
- Manage the webstore merchandise, set up SKUs, and update product pages.
- Optimize webstore and product detail pages including titles, bullets, descriptions, images, and content for higher conversions and better SEO outcomes.
- Liaise with various marketing and compliance team members to allocate tasks, track their completion, and measure their impact. Guide them where necessary.
- Manage digital marketing channels across SEO, PPC, email marketing, and social media.
- Recommend and implement e-commerce-specific marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Ensure website banners are optimized and up to date to reflect campaigns and/or promotions.
- Work with internal teams to adjust inventory levels, shipping settings, and handling time based on product and production availability.
- Analyze and execute strategies to improve traffic, conversion rates, increased average order value, obtain product reviews.
- Report on performance and be responsible for the day-to-day measurement and metrics for the business, staying on top of trends coming from the analytics platforms and making qualitative and quantitative targets are being achieved.
- Identify new product opportunities and markets for further business development.
- Leverage web analytics to promote the discoverability and selection of products to ensure we exceed Client needs and interests.
- Coordinate webstore integrations and functionality, including sign-in, product information, imagery, pricing, inventory, shipping, payment gateways, etc.
- Resolve webstore functional issues, errors, integrations, or UX concerns.
- Determine optimal pricing for all products based on competition, market trends, and margin analysis.
- Design and develop a strategic, profitable promotional pricing structure and policies.
- Develop deep understanding of the online CX and work closely with the Customer Service Team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- 3+ years of experience in e-commerce, marketing, or a related field.
- Understanding and experience with ecommerce platforms (i.e., Shopify, Magento, Salesforce Cloud Commerce, etc.), web analytics (Google analytics, etc.) and marcomm tools.
- Experience owning project management for site development.
- Strong knowledge of search engines, user experience, SEO/SEM, PPC and running media campaigns.
- Knowledge of website speed optimization, A/B testing, conversion management, sales journey optimization, traffic analysis and reporting tools.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, intelligent, curious, a team player and highly results oriented.
- Adept at analyzing and reporting data.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Ready to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with reputable products (and wonderful people!).
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
Employee Experience at GovDocs
GovDocs works to balance our employee’s experience in four key areas:
- Strong, Supportive Culture: We strive to amaze customers and each other by embracing individual skills, being transparent about our strategy and goals, and actively supporting our culture.
- Work-Life Balance: We work hard when the part of the day requires it and enjoy life when it is time to step away – we will require urgency when needed, but we rarely ask for night or weekend work. We all love our summer hours to enjoy the beautiful, warm (but short) Minnesota season.
- Competitive Compensation: We keep a close watch on the market to ensure our salaries are competitive for all positions.
- Stability and Growth: As a privately held firm, we think in terms of 10 years or more. We are never racing to “meet a quarterly target,” but instead focus on how to methodically win in the long-term by investing in people, training, and technology.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: