This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways.
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the necessary set of labor postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck℠. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 50. We also provide this service to the U.S.’s 2nd largest payroll & HR provider.
- Employment Law Data Service: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product, which allows companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 22% since 2008 with 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Posting Update Service both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law posters are required by law, every company has an existing provider.
Our Data Services is an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Management (ELM) platform, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
Reporting to the Finance department, the PT Payroll Administrator (20 hours/week) is responsible for accurately preparing and processing weekly payroll related duties, while staying up to date with local, state, and federal tax and wage laws. This role will work with our finance and human resources teams to assist with ad hoc projects and reporting. The ideal candidate will have the desire and ability to collaborate with all departments to problem solve and create better processes.
- Timely preparation of bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls for review by management through Paychex
- Review, process and pay commissions
- Process employee expense reports, including auditing, inquiries to employees when needed and paying any reimbursements due through payroll
- Create payroll reports for ad hoc requests
- Audit employee data for accuracy
- Document and resolve all payroll discrepancies, reporting to management as needed
- Managing personnel data in payroll and administrative websites/databases
- Document internal control processes and implement best practices for payroll-related duties
- Maintain awareness and compliance of applicable laws (federal/state)
- Maintain complete filing system to support payroll records
- Reconciles employee benefits by approving billing statements
- Review and manage employee time tracking and time off requests
- 401(k) management and funding
- Other finance and human resources duties as assigned
- Collaborate with finance and human resources
- Aid and propose process improvements, experience with implementing automation preferred
- Serve as the payroll subject matter expert
- 3+ Years of experience with payroll
- System experience:
- Paychex or similar – for both payroll and time/attendance
- Benefits system
- 401K provider
- High proficiency in Excel including vlookups, pivot tables, and formulas
- Strong attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org