This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a hybrid work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work 2021:
GovDocs has been named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for this year’s award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
GovDocs is looking for a product manager to own the performance of its in-life products and bring to market its next generation of product offerings. This opportunity will let you influence the product roadmap for the fastest growing company in the employment law compliance market. The position will report to the Director of Product Strategy.
At GovDocs, every employee has the opportunity to contribute directly to success of the business. GovDocs is a founder-owned, local business proud to provide an amazing work environment with great people who give back to the communities they live and work in. Join us in solving real problems for real people.
What you’ll (have the freedom to) do:
- Own the product – take full responsibility of the product’s success from uncovering market demand, testing potential ideas, documenting (problem statements/value proposition), managing the build process with software engineering, enabling the go-to market teams and ultimately ensuring market adoption.
- Synthesize lists of identified market problems/opportunities captured from Clients, Executives, Sales, Marketing, Customer Advisory Board members, Compliance, Account Managers, Account Directors, and Customer Support into proposed feature prioritization based on tested market evidence.
- Build relationships with the internal Compliance team members to gather and incorporate legal and regulatory insights/expertise into the products’ value propositions.
- Capture and deconstruct larger complex customer problems (inefficiencies) and break them into smaller product feature sets of value that can be delivered incrementally.
- Write user stories/maps that allow software engineers (or your grandmother) to succinctly understand what they are being asked to code.
- Work closely with the UX team during the discovery and build stages to test designs and new feature functionality concepts that appeal to customers’ sense of navigation and workflow.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Sales, and Account Directors to define how products and features should be communicated to customers to optimize product adoption and revenue growth.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years working for a SaaS company; preferably less than 500 employees.
- You are innately curious (what is the root cause of the problem a customer is trying to solve?) and get unusually excited during the discovery and initial-feedback process, which leads to you asking a lot of questions of your target audience.
- You managed (or been exposed to) the full product lifecycle (Discovery, Build, Enablement) for a software product line.
- You are familiar with the Pragmatic Marketing framework or a similar product management methodologies.
- You are quite comfortable with the pressures of a Continuous Delivery product environment – releasing code every 2 weeks.
- You have a track record of creating and bringing to market software products that demonstrated measurable revenue or user adoption growth.
- You can think strategically (what niche market should we play in?) and tactically (how do I get this product built quickly with the resources we have?) and you can switch between both modes seamlessly depending on your audience or product lifecycle stage.
- You are passionate with your point of view, but rational enough to change your mind if presented with objective market evidence to suggest a different direction than your original hypothesis.
- You have a unique ability to identify hidden patterns of customer pain points and then map a software feature/product in your mind that might decrease the customer’s pain point.
- You have team skills that attract others to want to work with and for you.
- You have a good sense of humor, self‐aware and self‐critical, but not arrogant.
- You are a self-directed learner, and you rarely wait for your boss’ permission to apply what you have learned on your own.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: