This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a hybrid work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work 2021:
GovDocs has been named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for this year’s award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
We are seeking a project manager to join our Business Systems Team. As a project manager, you will manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that all deadlines are met. You will work in collaboration with subject matter experts across the organization and the other members of the BS team to ensure successful delivery of an on-going variety of enterprise projects and initiatives.
You will be responsible for assigning tasks to the right team members, checking on their progress, and ensuring that each project is completed on time and to the highest standard as well as tracking and reporting on project progress and deliverables to upper management.
The GovDocs Business Systems team is focused on enterprise technology initiatives including development of systems integrations, implementation of new software modules, development of reporting and analytics, and otherwise supporting larger business initiatives via technology enablement.
This is an influential role within GovDocs and will work with all levels of the business. This role will be based at the GovDocs office in Eagan, MN with the opportunity to work remotely.
What You Will Work On:
Below are some of the responsibilities a project manager is expected to assume in their position:
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects to ensure they are completed on time and on budget
- Organize and plan project tasks and schedules
- Manage tasks in accordance with Project Management Institute (PMI) standards and those of the company
- RKS TODO: Coordinate project management timelines with Agile/Iterative delivery team sub-projects
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and key project participants
- Stay aware of company goals and strategies to ensure projects align with business priorities
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration across departments to ensure projects are completed successfully
- Delegate work to team members based on skills and expertise
- Optimize project deliverables, schedule, and budgeting
- Work with proposal teams to develop cost estimates and project plans
- Create presentations and reports to communicate project status
- Keep the project team focused on the end goal
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
Below are the qualifications expected of a project manager:
- Demonstrable problem-solving project management experience and skills
- A bachelor’s degree in project management, computer science, informational technology, or related fields recommended
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as DACI/RACI and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Experience with Kanban, SCRUM, or other LEAN/Agile approaches to enterprise project delivery
- Strong organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Optional, but nice to have:
- Proficiency in project management tools and software, including JIRA, Trello, Asana, Pivotal Tracker, and Basecamp
- Experience with cloud-based hosting platforms and version control tools
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance program in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation, and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: