Posting Date: March 2, 2023
We believe that the best way for us to grow, is through a hybrid work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work:
GovDocs was named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for the award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace.
Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work here: https://bizj.us/1qbeau
GovDocs is seeking a Salesforce Engineer who is a skilled Salesforce developer with the ability to design applications in Salesforce for our advancing CRM requirements.
In this role you will have the opportunity to shape the future of how GovDocs uses and derives value from internal business systems.
GovDocs is in the middle of a transition to Salesforce and Sage Intacct in addition to setting up a data lake for consolidated reporting. Finding the right individual to support our strong growth while driving continuous improvement of internal tools is key.
The individual will have primary internal customers in the Sales, Marketing, Account Management and Finance teams and will strive to deliver top notch service to these teams. Strong communication, collaboration and cross-department planning will ensure success.
This is an influential role within GovDocs and will work with all levels of the business. This role will be based at the GovDocs office in Eagan, MN with the opportunity to work remotely.
What You Will Work On:
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Finance and other teams to achieve revenue goals, customer retention and other business-level KPIs.
- Integrate across business systems and present data using the tools and platform provided by Salesforce.
- Create and oversee Salesforce and other business systems governance practices and policies.
- Partner with business users to support business processes, develop business use cases, data analysis and reporting needs to improve/simplify usage of Salesforce.
- Maintain a queue of ongoing improvement projects and use a structured change management process to implement changes.
- Maintain Salesforce applications (B2B webstore, Pardot Marketing, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud) and other related 3rd party business applications for internal users.
- Develop, test, and deploy custom configurations, custom objects, 3rd party tools / applications and new Salesforce modules based on evolving business needs.
- Deliver innovative customer experiences using a mix of Salesforce and industry standard tools to solve complex business problems.
- Salesforce SME for managing Salesforce updates, troubleshooting of system errors and resolution and maintain up-to-date knowledge of Salesforce functionality, customization, and integrations.
- Create business and technical documentation, workflows, training materials and ensure information is kept up to date.
- Coach business systems team and other users on Salesforce features and best practices
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs.
- Create timelines and development goals.
- Ability to develop Apex code (classes and triggers), Lightning Components, and Visualforce to extend Salesforce in order to support business requirements
- Experience working with integrated applications
- Experience with unit and systems testing and debugging
- Ability to perform part-time Salesforce administration support
- Proficiency with source control (git, BitBucket) and code deployment and management tools (Copodo, Gearset, etc.)
- Business knowledge and understanding of how to get the most value out of Salesforce.
- Has experience identifying and developing business use-cases
- Knowledge of business use of Salesforce for Sales, Marketing and Account Management
- Salesforce Experience
- 5-8 years of experience with CRM administration, configuration, and 3rd party integrations in complex environments, preferably with Salesforce
- Knowledge of workflows, process builder, scripting, reports and dashboards, custom fields, objects, page layouts, and webservices
- Knowledge of Power BI and custom report building a plus
- Familiarity with Roles and Permissions
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct Finance would be advantageous, though not required.
- Strong collaboration, communication and planning
- Forward thinking in providing solutions and best practices for system users.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and recommend solutions and resolve issues.
- Operates successfully in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on integrity, excellence, execution, and teamwork.
- Well-organized, ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Remains professional and flexible while under pressure
- A strong understanding of business, business processes and requirements
- Project management, system implementation and system integration experience
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with cross-functional teams, with minimal guidance.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance program in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,500+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 20% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 20% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation, and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to:
Department: Engineering and Technology