This position has been filled. Please visit our Careers page for other openings.
We believe that the best way for us to grow is through a hybrid work environment that allows us more flexibility whereby employees can be together in the office where interactions can happen with higher frequency and effectiveness (collaboration and team-engagement) – especially when dealing with complex problems and business innovation, balanced with work-from-home where we have more focused, uninterrupted time with minimal distractions for dedicated project/productive work.
Best Places to Work:
GovDocs has been named one of the 2021 Best Places to Work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal!
Being named an honoree was no easy feat, as they received over 300 nominations for this year’s award. GovDocs was one of the top-scoring Minnesota businesses honored in the medium company category (50-250 employees) for creating a fun, challenging, and rewarding workplace. Read more about GovDocs as Best Places to Work 2021 here: https://bizj.us/1qbeau
GovDocs has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resource Generalist/Payroll Administrator hybrid role located in Eagan, MN with work from home opportunities. This person will be responsible for performing a wide range of duties related to support Human Resources, Recruiting and Payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate organizational training, including leadership, supervisory, benefits, etc.
- Conduct compensation research to determine market competitiveness
- Prepare total rewards statements annually
- Process new hire and termination paperwork
- Manage Glassdoor account and respond to reviews
- Maintain HR dashboard/employee census data
- Create and publish employee education communications and newsletters
- Monitor PTO usage and provide PTO reporting to senior leaders
- Manage unemployment claims
- Conduct verifications of employment
- Devise, coordinate, communicate and promote wellness activities
- Conduct employee engagement surveys, as needed
- Coordinate company functions with Office Manager
- Monthly employee benefit invoice review and reconciliation
- Benefit administration of employee changes within various systems
- Documentation creation for offer letters, role changes, compensation changes/merit increases, etc.
- ACA reporting and data review through ESR tool in Paychex
- Performance appraisal process creation and management
- Special projects as assigned
- 401(k) testing and reporting
- Post open roles on company website, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc. as requested
- Source candidates as needed for specialty roles/skills
- Review resumes received for match with role requirements for experience, skills, education, compensation, etc.
- Phone screen candidates for hiring manager and make recommendations on whether to bring candidates in for personal interviews
- Schedule phone and personal interviews
- Onboard new employees, including working with hiring manager and Office Manager to coordinate onboarding schedule and conduct HR new employee orientation upon start
- Timely preparation of bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls for review by management through Paychex
- Review, process, and pay commissions
- Process employee expense reports, including auditing, inquiries to employees when needed, and pay reimbursements due through payroll
- Create payroll reports for ad hoc requests
- Audit employee data for accuracy
- Document and resolve all payroll discrepancies, reporting to management as needed
- Managing personnel data in payroll and administrative websites/databases
- Document internal control processes and implement best practices for payroll related duties
- Maintain awareness and compliance of applicable laws (federal/state)
- Maintain complete filing system to support payroll records
- Collaborate with finance and human resources
- Aid and propose process improvements, experience with implementing automation preferred
- Serve as the payroll subject matter expert
- 401(k) management and funding
- Review and manage employee time tracking and time off requests
- Reconciles employee benefits by approving billing statements
- Prepare calculations for bonus payments
- Create earnings reports
- Manage timesheet approval for non-exempt employees
- Compensation change reporting
- Paychex setup and administration
- Other finance and accounting duties as assigned
Standards of Conduct:
- Exhibit professional conduct and positive demeanor at all times in the workplace and during work functions.
- Be respectful of the full spectrum of diversity among co-workers and customers.
- Maintain self-control and composure during stressful or difficult situations.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
As the role continues to evolve based on the growing needs of the business as a high-growth company, the Human Resources Generalist and Payroll Administrator position requires:
- 4-year degree preferred
- 2 – 4 years Human Resources/Payroll experience preferred
- Paychex experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Team skills that attract others to work with you
- Good sense of humor
- Self-aware and self-critical
- Peers at previous workplaces will remark at how good you are at your job
- Technical aptitude
GovDocs serves companies in building and executing their employment law compliance programs in two primary ways:
- Employment Law Posting Service: We manage all the complexities of identifying and providing the required set of employment law postings from the 1,700+ potential postings across the U.S. and Canada. Using proprietary technology, we allow companies to manage, track and verify postings at each of their locations – including our patent pending PosterCheck technology. Our Employment Law Posting Update service is used by almost 22% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the Fortune 100.
- Employment Law Compliance Software Solutions: This is a first to market Software-as-a-Service starting with our Minimum Wage product and Paid Leave products, which allow companies to identify and track which laws apply to their locations and employees, then provides all relevant data to make decisions. This service was created in response to requests from some of our largest customers who recognized that employment law expansion across and variances between jurisdictions (Federal, State and Local) were too difficult to manually track.
GovDocs has grown revenue annually by 18% since 2008 with a 96% customer retention rate, primarily due to our Postings Update Program both obtaining and retaining customers – as employment law postings are required by law, every company has an existing provider. Our Software Solutions are an entirely new line of business that gives us great growth potential to create a full Employment Law Compliance (ELC) platform of solutions, it is also challenging us to reinvent how we view urgency, innovation and teamwork.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation, paid volunteer time and paid holidays, medical and dental, and matching 401(k).
Send resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: [email protected]