New York state’s minimum wage rates (which vary by geographical area) increased Dec. 31, 2016, as follows:
- New York City Large Employers (11-plus employees): $11
- New York City Small Employers (1-10 employees): $10.50
- Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester Counties: $10
- Remainder of New York State: $9.70
As a result, the state updated its general Miscellaneous Industry Minimum Wage Information posting, as well as added new industry-specific required postings:
- Building and Service Industry Minimum Wage
- Hospitality Industry Minimum Wage
- Apparel Industry Minimum Wage
Posting and Notice Requirements
These minimum wage postings, also effective Dec. 31, 2016, are available now and must be displayed in a conspicuous place for employees. As noted, the individual posting requirements vary based on industry.
For More Information
See New York State’s Department of Labor Minimum Wage page.