LABOR LAW NEWS
Top 6 Labor Law Posting Compliance Questions Answered
By Kelsey Basten
Published on August 24, 2017
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions about employment law posting compliance. Do any of these ring a bell? Check out our responses below!
1. Do I need to replace labor law posters every year?
Compliance is about mandatory changes – not calendars. While some jurisdictions require yearly mandatory updates, others do not. Some postings may be updated at the beginning of the year, while others change during the year. It’s important to keep an eye on all required postings to ensure your postings are up to date all year long.
2. How do I provide employment law posters for remote employees?
Remote employees are required by law to have access to all postings pertaining to their employment. You can send a set of posters to these employees, or provide them electronically.
The GovDocs Intranet Poster Program, for example, provides 24/7 access to the most current labor law postings via your intranet. It’s an accessible, simple and secure way to ensure compliance for all employees, including those working in remote locations.
3. Is there a specific place to display employment law posters?
Although there isn’t a specified location, posters should be displayed in a common area, such as a break room, conference room, employee lounge, etc.
4. How can I tell whether my employment law posters are compliant?
All GovDocs employment law posters have QR codes, which can be scanned to determine whether a poster is compliant. Follow these three steps:
- Locate the QR code on the poster (usually near the bottom)
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device
- The scan will instantly inform you whether the poster is compliant
5. Can I be fined if I do not display employment law postings?
Yes, you can be fined if you do not display employment law posters. Each poster has its own set of rules and fines. You can view the fines for each poster here.
6. Do I need to display federal contractor postings?
Federal contractor postings are required for many jurisdictions. Download the Federal Contractor Posting Guide here for a complete list of requirements.
with GovDocs Labor Law News
Who is GovDocs?
GovDocs is one of the leading providers of labor law compliance products and services in North America, serving 263,000 employment locations in the U.S. and Canada. More than 20% of Fortune 50 companies rely on us to keep their locations compliant.